Quick presentation of our new holiday home in Brittany, at KERBORS, in the department of COTES d'ARMOR. It will be your favourite holiday rental !
UP TO SIX PEOPLE
A little bit of history ... not a common story !
When we bought this house, we were told by the estate agent that it was like a semaphore or lighthouse, with wide views over the estuary of the Jaudy and the sea . He was not lying and we couldn't help falling in love with the place ! Also it is very quiet, and we like it when it's quiet ..
In fact, we had just seen and signed for a FIRST house 17 km away ... but when we saw this one by the sea with its exceptional views , we couldn't help buying this one too ! The prices were very different of course, the value of the one by the sea much higher because of this beautiful situation ... So after a quick return to our place in Tours to see what our banks could suggest ... and finally we bought both houses, as choosing only one was just impossible ! The one NOT by the sea became our secondary home for 14 years ... and was rented to tourists too, it helped pay for the cost of buying two houses!
On the other hand buying "Le Sémaphore" meant a huge mortgage and so the house was rented on a yearly basis (loan interests can then be deduced ) ;but what a shame it was not being able to benefit from it, only exceptionnally, between two tenants, which rarely happened !
So when the latest tenant said he was going to leave early 2016, we were delighted, this was the right time for us to get it back ! We decided to keep it for ourselves, also to promote it as a holiday home ... we were sure it would become quickly very popular with tourists looking for a beautiful place to stay !
We started refurbishing it, and we thought it would be ready for mid-June 2016, but of course it wasn't ... We worked really hard till the last minute, for the first guests in August!
As it is also our secondary home, it had to be nice and well-equipped, we like our comfort and nice things!
A short description now ? well, the pictures will tell you a lot too ...
Some work is still in progress in 2017 and 2018, mainly outside , with new projects ...
ON THE GROUND FLOOR:
-lobby +laundry : VERY USEFUL !
- large living-room : with the sitting room on one side, the dining room on the other, with a huge window in front of the sofa and armchairs plus another one opposite the dining table
- small kitchen ( brand-new fitted kitchen and devices) : dishwasher, fridge, oven with freezer, microwave , oven ( pyrolise, cold door ), gas cooker
- one bedroom downstairs, double bed ( 160 cm wide, two 80cm mattresses)
- the bathroom brand new shower ( cabin) and wash basin
- separate brand new toilet
FIRST FLOOR :
-one bedroom upstairs with two single beds that can be put next to each other, or not !
_ the landing with a convertible sofa AND NEW TOILET CREATED!
-internet wifi access and telephone ( not for mobile numbers)
-TV ( 80 cm wide) , satelitte TV
GARDEN : garden furniture , BBQ , on a ground os 1000m² , lawn, hedge, gravel where the cars are parked, garden hut
April 2018 : A new terrace with wind shields !
LINKS TO OTHER ARTICLES :
- some pictures and the refurbishing of this house : HERE
- photos only of the views from outside/inside, sunsets : HERE
IN FRENCH :
-Le DESCRIPTIF complet du gîte et la carte le situant
-Les DISPONIBILITES de la location en bord de mer " Le Sémaphore" ( AVAILABILITIES)
CONTACT us for prices and availabilities ; Please send an email at email@example.com
Our former house 17 kms away is still visible on the blog, there are many articles about the area, plus the visitor's book etc : description in English of the first house
SITUATION OF "LE SEMAPHORE", your holiday rental In BRITTANY if you wish !
- By the sea, overlooking the estuary of the river Jaudy with its islands, and the ex-house of the Artist CALDER, with a beach at the bottom of the hill, about 250 meters away
- 1 km from the village of KERBORS : Restaurant/Bar/ grocery ( fresh bread and croissants !)
- 3 kms from PLEUBIAN, nice village center, lovely church , bakery , chemist's, supermarket ...
- 5 kms from Treguier, labelled " petite cité de caractère" , a small town with a very rich architectural patrimony, a beautiful famous cathedral, lovely streets paved with cobblestoines, a sailing and commercial harbour , and of course several hypermarkets
- the beauty of the area is well-known, some places like the Island of Brehat and the Pink Granite coast, or cities like Saint Malo, Paimpol, are known worldwide, yet the whole of the area is nice, and you can easily avoid crowds ! The "Côtes d'Armor" department is nice EVERYWHERE ( particularly the coast of course ) believe me !
our holiday rental in Kerbors , by the sea, amazing views
OUR OTHER OFFERS FOR YOUR HOLIDAYS IN FRANCE
our house in Aveyron, in the south of France ( Midi-Pyrénées region) , "Robin Hood's House" in English it is : here
TOURS , in the Loire Valley : the best place to visit the castles . Our typical house ( from 16th century), with a terrace benefits from an excellent situation next to the centre and by the Loire river. First flat for two people on the ground floor, small but nicely equipped .
Information about the two flats : here
House to rent in Tours, in the Loire valley :The first and second floor offer plenty of space and various sleeping possibilities, recently refurbished, up to 6 people . you can benefit from the yard, with your own garden furniture. Nice decoration , beams etc.
Information about the two flats : here
Our former house in Brittany : sold in 2016, no more available ! here
Articles abour our trips in France and abroad : sorry, not in English!